Rostov State University of Economics Creates the Innovation Technology Club "IT-Edge"
On December 12th, 2019 the kick-off meeting of business community representatives and the students from the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Security of Rostov State University of Economics on creating the innovation technology club "IT-Edge" took place at RSUE's Boiling Point space.
The meeting was moderated by the CEO of Ubitech company Aleksei Taktarov and attended by the representatives of major regional IT companies, banks, and investment funds, as well as the dean of the Faculty of Computer Science and Information Security Evgenii Tischenko and the head of Institute for Digital Economy Technologies Development, Mikhail Stryukov.
The Club's aims are:
- to involve the students into innovation projects activity,
- to introduce up-to-date business technologies based on cutting edge science,
- to get commercialization skills,
- to get project management and teamwork experience,
- to form a professional portfolio of projects,
- to transform a project into a startup,
- to prepare for applications for funding,
- to get internships and work experience in leading regional companies,
- to provide employment assistance.